EXCELLENCE: YEAR TWO
Discover the Quebecers changing the face of business and their community.
July 2018, Montreal – For a second year, Excellence aims to inspire the next generation by presenting a cohort of women and men in top management positions, who are also part of a visible minority. More than ever, it is important to highlight diversity and inclusion, embracing those who have found success and who inspire others to follow in their footsteps. These business leaders shed light on the issues their diverse communities face, serving on numerous boards, they are involved in Quebec’s development in education, Management, Health, Tech, Lawyer, Finance, Pharmacy, Real Estate, Media & Digital, new technologies and more.
The second cohort, a who’s who of business leaders.
- Mary-Anne Carignan, President Purkinje Inc.
- Byron Peart Travelers of the World Former founder of Want Les Essentiels
- Dexter Peart Travelers of the World Former Founders of Want Les Essentiels
- Beverly Salomon, Pharmacist and Owner Jean Coutu
- Elise Schroeter, Executive Director Willis Towers Watson
- Thierry Lindor, President and Founder Le Griffintown – REMAX
- Karine Martin, President Mediabiz International
- Karine Joizil, Lawyer, Partner LAVERY
- Patricia Fourcand, Lawyer, Partner Miller Thomson
- Ruben Antoine, Portfolio Manager Tulett, Matthews and Associates Inc.
* This ranking is obviously not exhaustive, and in no particular order.
Excellence is an initiative created by Madeleine Fequiere (Chief credit Officer Domtar) and Ben Marc Diendere (Senior vice-president, Communications, Public affairs and Brand Management La Coop fédérée; The first cohort was launched in December 2016; Excellence has been launched, in order to inspire the youngest and facilitate human resources research at the private and public levels. All the creativity of Excellence has been pinned by CURIOUS Montréal, an agency specialized in the creation of multiplatform content.
LAUNCHING OF « EXCELLENCE »
Discover these Quebecois who Change the Face of Business.
December 12th, 2016, Montreal – Women and men in top management positions, who are also part of a visible minority, are launching today the campaign « Excellence » through a video featuring its first cohort. Excellence recognize all other initiatives that promote diversity and strengthen the economic capacity of visible minorities.
In Quebec, black community has 250,000 members, representing about 2.5% of the Quebec population. About 50% of this population was born abroad. Of these great travelers, some leaders stand out for their extraordinary ability to adapt and for their exceptional skills that makes them exceptionals for the province’s business.
In the Greater Montréal, 22.5% of the population comes from visible minorities and 5.9% of them are in top management positions. For women from visible minorities, they represent 11.5% of Montreal’s population and occupy 1.9% of top management positions.
These women and men are at the head of companies whose turnover sometimes represents billions of dollars. From a variety of backgrounds, these entrepreneurs and visionaries are contributing to the evolution of our socio-economic landscape. Serving on numerous boards, these business leaders are also involved in Québec’s development in education, health, arts and culture, new technologies and more. To discover these Quebec models is to discover a whole world of excellence.
In this first cohort, a few faces stand out.
- Amina Gerba, President, CEO and Founder, Afrique Expansion Inc and Kariliss Laboratoires Inc.
- Madeleine Féquière, Director and Credit chief enterprise at Domtar
- Vickie Joseph, Designer Nu.i by Vickie. Reno-Metrix and entrepreneur
- Fidèle Toghoua, Strategic advisor and President, Tangolf
- François De Paul Nkombou, Vice-President, Internal Audit and Risk Management for CANAM Group
- Frantz Saintellemy, Vice-president and general director of Automotive and Industrial- Integrated Device Technology, Inc. division, and Founder of Groupe 3737
- Stéphane Brutus, Interim Deam of Business School John-Molson
- Wils Theagene, Co-Founder, STRACCEL
- Ben-Marc Diendéré, Senior vice president Communications, Public relations, Brand management, La Coop fédérée
* This ranking is obviously not exhaustive, other personalities could also have been a great choice, and the order you see may also vary.